With the arrival of summer pool time is a must in Whitefish. It is important to beat the heat, and going swimming is definitely a nice way to keep the kids busy while you stay cool. After the long, lazy winter, many people will be interested in trimming up, sometimes they just don’t know where to start.
Here are several exercises that you can add to your workout to help give you that beach body you are looking for.
- Push-ups- This exercise is one of the tried and true methods for toning the entire body. Not only do you work out the biceps and triceps, but if done properly you also tone your core and your buttocks. You can use the modified push-up and still reap the rewards of this exercise option.
- Plank- This yoga move is actually a great over-all exercise. It works out the same muscles which are activated during push-ups, but it does so while you are holding still. It is important to remember proper posture with all exercises that you do, and with this one your hands should be shoulder length apart, core tightened, buttocks squeezed, and chin tucked.
- Squats-Not only do squats increase the strength throughout the entire body, but they also help to burn fat and improve circulation. Because it improves circulation it can also help to reduce the appearance of cellulite on the back of your legs, and increase flexibility.
- Lunges-Lunges are proven to improve balance, increase hip flexor flexibility, and offer better core stability. It also allows you to isolate the gluteal muscules and really tone that booty.
- Single-Leg Deadlift- This exercise is quite simple, but effective. Simply tighten your core while maintaining a flat back. Distributing weight evenly on your planted leg will give you the balance you need to keep proper posture during this exercise. When done properly this exercise strengthens your glutes and hamstrings, as well as helps to improve hip, knee, and ankle stabilization.
It is wise to discuss your plans with your Whitefish family medical practitioner to learn what your options are and what the benefits could be when it comes to adding exercise into your daily schedule in an effort to improve your over-all health.
It is a proven fact that exercise decreases the stress hormone cortisol and increases the feel good hormones in the body. This results in the reduction of anxiety and depression, and can improve an individuals general outlook because of the added feel-good hormones serotonin and norepinephrine. Another benefit of adding exercise is improved health when it comes to your heart and circulatory system.
It not only reduces the risk of heart disease, but also pushes the waste out of the body at a faster rate, while also supplying an increase of oxygen and the nutrients your bodies need to produce energy.
Remember to consult with your family medical practitioner before creating an exercise regimen to be sure it is safe for your body. Give your local Whitefish family medical doctor a call (406) 334-2204 to schedule an appointment to discuss your exercise regimen and get your tips from Whitefish’s #1 family doctor.