Are Stomach Ulcers Curable
Are Stomach Ulcers Curable?
Yes, stomach ulcers are curable. Usually the cure is in a reversal program of the causes, and the common most causes of stomach ulcers are..
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- A bacterial infection of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
- Overuse of NSAIDS (anti-inflammatory drugs) like ibuprofen
- Too much red meat
- Deep fried foods
- Pepsi and carbonated beverage products
By stopping all of the above; most stomach ulcers will go away on their own however you should get checked by a family physician if you think you might have an ulcer, it could be something else.
The medication used to decrease stomach acid is usually either a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) or an H2 blocker with four weeks of treatment initially recommended.
A stomach ulcer is a break in the tissues of your stomach that eventually stops your stomach from performing it’s normal functions. In medical terms it is called a peptic ulcer. Peptic ulcers can occur in the stomach or esophagus.
Symptoms of having a stomach ulcer can include…
- belching (burping)
- weight loss
- lack of appetite
- dull ache
- burning sensation
Some Foods That Are Stomach Ulcer Friendly Are…
- Any fruit; such as watermelon, peaches, grapes
- Any greens; such as kale, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, apples and berries
For a better list, see this foods that are good for stomach ulcers page.