How To Clear Nasal Congestion – Got A Stuffy Nose?
How To Quickly Clear A Stuffy Nose & Nasal Congestion
- Blow Your Nose – use lotion Kleenexes with aloe vera to prevent dry and breaking skin)
- Spicy Food – Fresh Ginger, Onion, Garlic and peppers like jalapeno actually help circulate blood and clear the nasal passage
- Menthol & Eucalyptus – Rub or oil can be used to help clear your nasal passage
- Humidifier – Using a humidifier and especially one with oil like Eucalyptus can help clear your nose. Being hydrated is important and dry cold air is hard on a nasal passage
- Stay Warm – Congestion is caused by mucous being expelled out of the body, warmth thins out the mucous so it can exit the body faster
- Work Out – Working out while you are sick with congestion is actually beneficial in expelling the sickness faster.
- Hot Shower – Taking a hot shower help your body heat up and expels the mucous faster
- Sauna & Steam Room – If you can find a sauna or steam room to sit in, do it – wonderful way to get rid of congestion
- Water – Drinks lot of water, being hydrated is crucial to healing faster – About 1 gallon of water per day is where you should be at as an adult, and as a kid about half that
For people with chronic congestion or painful congestion accompanied by a long lasting headache or fever, you may want to consult your doctor.